Marayoor Sharkara(Marayoor Jaggery) Buy Online
: In stock
Regular price Rs. 190.00
Marayoor Jaggery, Marayur Jaggery Sharkara, മറയൂർ ശർക്കര, Marayoor Sharkara, Unda Sharkara Buy Online
Marayoor Jaggery (മറയൂർ ശർക്കര) is one of the sweetest jaggery available in India.
Marayoor Jaggery is dark brown in colour, high in sweetness and iron, with less sodium content and insoluble impurities.
This traditional and handmade product from Marayoor and Kanthalloor, Idukki district received the Geographical Indication (GI) tag from central government. Marayoor Sharkara is made from sugarcane and no chemicals are added during the manufacturing process. The jaggery is prepared in sheds located on the sugarcane farm.Traditional workers from Onakkallur, a village in Udumalpet in Tamil Nadu, are engaged in the production of the Marayoor Sharkara.
There are 4 major steps involved in this jaggery production. The raw sugar extract is manually taken from the freshly harvested sugar canes using a diesel-run sugarcane roller until it is pulped into a fibrous residue. As the juice is extracted, the impurities are filtered out simultaneously before it is boiled into a thick syrup on a large wok. The bagasse - the waste residue from the filtering of sugar extract - is used to fuel the wok. Once the syrup thickens, the boiled jaggery is poured into a trough. Before the mixture gets cools down, it is rolled into the jaggery balls.
Some of the health benefits of Marayoor Jaggery :
- Marayoor Sharkara cleans your body
- This Jaggery improve digestion and metabolism
- Marayoor Jaggery is abundant source of vital minerals
- It activates digestive enzymes within your body
- It behaves like a detoxifying agent
- Marayoor jaggery contains antioxidants
- It is proved that this jaggery help women combat PMS symptoms , menstrual cramps and abdominal pain
The flow of the fake Marayoor jaggery to the market has contributed to the constant fall in the price of the original Marayoor jaggery produced, thus forcing farmers not to take up sugarcane cultivation.
വ്യാപകമായി കരിമ്പ് കൃഷി ചെയ്യുന്ന മറയൂരിൽ പരമ്പരാഗതമായ രീതിയില് ഉണ്ടാക്കുന്ന ഒന്നാണ് മറയൂര് ശര്ക്കര. മറയൂര് ശർക്കര രുചിക്കും ഗുണനിലവാരത്തിനും ഏറെ പേരുകേട്ടതാണ്. കരിമ്പ് പ്രത്യേക യന്ത്രത്തില് നിക്ഷേപിച്ച് പിഴിഞ്ഞ് നീരെടുക്കുന്നത് മുതല് , ഏകദേശം നാല് - നാലര മണിക്കൂര് നീളുന്ന പ്രക്രിയയിലൂടെയാണ് മറയൂര് ശര്ക്കര ഉണ്ടാക്കുന്നത്.
The 'Marayoor sarkara' is of high quality with 97 percent sugar content.Marayoor Jaggery is the sweetest one in India.In a laboratory analysis at Kakkanad Analytical laboratory, was found that the jaggery is one of the best having 97% sugar in it.
Marayoor Sharkara is a special type of jaggery (unrefined cane sugar) that is produced in the Marayoor region of Kerala, India. It is known for its unique flavour and medicinal properties. Marayoor Sharkara is made by boiling the sap of the date palm tree until it thickens and solidifies into a block of jaggery.
To make Marayoor Sharkara, you will need:
- Date palm sap
- Large cooking pot
- Wooden ladle or spoon
- Jaggery molds or any container lined with banana leaves
Here's how you can make Marayoor Sharkara:
- Collect the sap from the date palm trees by making small incisions in the trunk of the tree. Collect the sap in a container.
- Transfer the collected sap to a large cooking pot and heat it over medium heat.
- Using a wooden ladle or spoon, continuously stir the sap as it boils. The sap will gradually start to thicken and turn dark brown in color.
- When the sap reaches a thick, sticky consistency, pour it through a cheesecloth to remove any impurities.
- Pour the filtered sap into jaggery molds or any container lined with banana leaves.
- Let the jaggery cool down and solidify for a few hours.
Your Marayoor Sharkara is now ready. It can be used as a natural sweetener in many dishes and beverages. Marayoor Sharkara is known for its medicinal properties and is often used as a remedy for coughs and sore throats. It is also a rich source of iron and other essential minerals.