Ajwain Seeds (Ayamodakam) - Buy Online
: In stock
Regular price Rs. 65.00
Ajwain Seeds, Ayamodakam, Carom Seeds, അയമോദകം Buy Online
Ajwain seeds, അയമോദകം, are the dried fruits of Ajwain herb which are Asian Spices used for adding flavours to various Indian dishes. These seeds have a pungent and bitter taste.
Carom seeds are miraculously nutritious which contain fiber, antioxidants, and other vitamins and minerals. Because of this, Ajwain seeds have been used in traditional Ayurvedic medicines since ancient years.
Ayamodakam is known to help healthy digestion, treat flatulence and prevent constipation. This is used as home remedy for digestion related issues.
Some of the health benefits of Ajwain Seeds are as below:
- Relief from acidity and indigestion : Mix a teaspoon of cumin seeds with a teaspoon of ajwain seeds powder and half a teaspoon of ginger powder and put it in a glass of warm water and drink it. This helps to prevent heart burns as well as gastric issues.
- Improves hair growth and stop graying of hair : Grind together a handful of curry leaves, a few raisins, a teaspoon of sugar and a teaspoon of ajwain seeds and then mix these in one cup of water. Boil this solution for about 10 minutes. When it is cool, strain the water and drink this water every day in the morning for a month. When the frequency of hair graying is reduced and hair loss also is under control, reduce the frequency of consumption of the water to thrice or twice a week.
- A good remedy for common cold : Carom seeds help in controlling nasal blockage by discharging the mucus. Boil one teaspoon of ajwain seeds powder and jaggery to make a fine paste. Consume 2 teaspoons of this paste twice a day to get relief from cold. This remedy also helps in preventing respiratory ailments like asthma and bronchitis. This seed work well to reduce migraine headache too. Take ajwain powder in a thin cloth and inhale it frequently or keep it under your pillow to get relief from migraine headache.
- Relief from ear and toothaches : Put two drops of ajwain seed oil in the ear to get relief from ear pain. Mix one teaspoon of carom seeds with a pinch of salt in a glass of warm water and gargle with this warm water at least twice a day to get a relief from toothaches.
- Can be used as a natural mosquito repellent : Make a paste with equal quantities of carom seeds powder and mustard oi. Spread this paste easily over small pieces of cardboard . Place these pieces of cardboard in the corners of the rooms of your house to hold the mosquitoes at bay.
- Reduce the Arthritis pain : Ajwain seeds have antibiotic properties that reduce redness and resist inflammation. Also these seeds possess anesthetic properties that reduce the pain and swelling. Mix ajwain seed powder and water to make a fine paste and apply it on the painful areas and leave it for at least 20 minutes to get relief from arthritis pain. Also try soaking the affected area in a tub of lukewarm water with a handful of ajwain seeds.