ALLSPICE BERRIES, സര്വ്വ സുഗന്ധി
Allspice. has an aromatic flavour which is the combination of cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, juniper, and peppercorn.
It adds a gentle, warm flavor to cakes, desserts, preserves and fruit pies and an aromatic flavour to soups, stews and curries. It helps digestive problems and regulates blood circulation.
The flowers bloom in a bunch in this tree. Allowing the fruits to ripen fully will affect the aroma and flavour . All the fruits in the tree will not ripen at the same time. The ripe ones turn black in colour while the grown fruits are green in colour. These green coloured fruits must be gathered and must be dried for some 10 to 12 days. The colour then turns to black with a tinge of brown.
- Great sedative and antiseptic
- High cancer-fighting and antifungal properties.
- Treats indigestion , intestinal gas, abdominal pain
- Helps during heavy menstrual periods
- Prevents diabetes and obesity
- Rich in antioxidants, anti-inflammatory properties