Each turmeric has their own uses and health benefits but when it comes to external applications, wild turmeric is the king. The main difference between kasthuri manjal from other varieties of turmeric is it does not stain the skin like the regular turmeric, and is more fragrant than the normal turmeric.
BENEFITS OF WIDE TURMERIC
- Improves skin tone and the overall complexion.
- Gives a blemish-free, naturally glowing skin.
- Reduces acne and its scars effectively.
- Slows down the growth of facial hair.
- Heals skin infections and insect bites.
- Treats several skin ailments including eczema.
Turmeric contains antioxidants and anti-inflammatory components. These characteristics may provide glow and luster to the skin. Turmeric may also revive your skin by bringing out its natural glow.Turmeric is also known to reduce scarring and heal any kind of wounds faster due to its antiseptic qualities
Turmeric Powder For Skin
- Reduces scars and heals wounds:
The anti-inflammatory properties of turmeric work on your pores and calm the skin. Mix a pinch of turmeric with 1 teaspoon of gram flour. Apply it on the affected areas and let the paste dry for at least 25 minutes. Wash with warm water.
- Delay signs of ageing:
Turmeric contains curcuminoid pigments which help the body in synthesizing antioxidants. These antioxidants protect the skin cells from free radical damage and can even slow down the signs of ageing like dark spots, fine lines and wrinkles
- Treats dry and cracked skin:
Mix some coconut oil with turmeric powder and apply this paste on your cracked heels or dry skin and then wash off after 15 minutes. Your skin will feel relieved and soft.
- Soothes burns: Turmeric is known for its soothing properties. Mix a pinch of turmeric with some milk or cooling curd and apply it on the affected area. Let it dry and then wash off gently. Repeat this a few times in a day for at least one to two weeks till the burn mark will disappear.
- Cures stretch marks:
A mix of turmeric, and lime juice can be used to get rid of stretch marks. Apply the paste on the area, let it sit for 15 minutes and then wash off. Repeat this every day until you see that the marks become light.